What is a standard alcoholic drink? A standard alcoholic drink is either a half pint stout, lager or cider, one 100ml glass of wine or a pub measure of spirit (1 standard drink is equal to 1 unit of alcohol approx).
For a man serious about his training programme, limit alcohol intake to 17 standard drinks per week max. This is the max weekly allowance if you are serious about getting results.
For a woman serious about her training programme, limit alcohol intake to 11 standard drinks per week max. This is the max weekly allowance if you are serious about getting results.
Preferably drink Red Wine or a light beer and try to avoid drinking over consecutive days OR consuming your weekly allowance in one sitting!!!
- 1 pint beer = 2.3 units, 185-200 Calories
- Red wine= 1 glass (175ml) 13 % ,2.3 units, 119 Calories
- Spirit 1 small shot = 1 unit, 61 Calories
- White wine = 1 glass (175ml) 12% , 1.9 units, 289 Calories
- Light beer = 330ml bottle , 1.3 units, 106 calories
Copy the link below to access a user friendly alcoholic drinks calculator.