Green smoothies have many health benefits and are loaded with vitamins and minerals. There’s Spinach, lettuce, kale, and collard greens. For the more advanced green smoothie drinker, you can also add parsley, dandelion greens, watercress. However any leafy green vegetable your palate can handle, and enjoy. Bananas, apples, pears, avocado, and mango are great companions in these beverages.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
– 1¼ cups chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed), preferably Lacinato (also known as dinosaur)
– 1¼ cups frozen cubed mango
– 2 medium ribs celery, chopped
– 1 cup chilled fresh tangerine or orange juice
– ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
– ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
COMBINE all ingredients in blender. PUREE until smooth. POUR into 2 chilled glasses and enjoy!
NUTRITION (per serving): 160 cal, 3 g protein, 39 g carbs, 5 g fibre, 0.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 56 mg sodium